Life in a Suitcase

Some things you might be interested to know....

Thursday, December 11, 2008

CHRISTMAS BONUS!!!

Being connected with a French company, I wonder if they do give Christmas bonuses to their employees. Tanong lang naman, no expectations.

Thinking about it again, the bonus that I already got from my current job is something not material. Mas maganda siguro sabihin "less material". It is something that I learned that continuously gives me more benefit over the years than just a lump sum at the end of the year.

Here it goes...

From the time I needed to leave Doha for this new assignment, I had to pack my things to come back to UAE. I can't definitely bring everything with me. 5 years in Doha made me accumulate a lot of "I want one of those" things na hindi ko naman kailangan. To cut the story short, I needed to decide and keep only what I really need, and believe me, there were plenty of things in my cabinet that I bought and never really used, and don't plan to use anyway. I had to put those in good use so I gave them away to my friends, neighbors, cleaners, etc and I saw how happy they were receiving these mostly unused things.

It also gave me the opportunity to also close my credit card (finally isa na lang that time).

With this and with all the travellings, I realized that I can "live on a minimum". I certainly don't need all my 20 denim pants, 10 jackets, 7 towels, di mabilang na shirts and all the bottle of perfumes na tagko-konti(tagalog 'yan) na lang ang laman. Now, I only have mostly what I need and before buying, tatanungin ko muna ang sarili ko kung "kailangan ba kita talaga kaya kita bibilhin, o bibilhin kita dahil kailangan kita???", LOL. Ok, honestly sometimes I really can't avoid buying a new t-shirt every now and then, I know I don't need a lot of t-shirts pero I can say na ito na lang ang pinaka-bisyo ko. When I see a new t-shirt and it fits well, bili na agad.

But wait, hindi ko naman tinatago for so many years in my wardrobe 'yun. Once in a while, pag walang magawa, nire-review ko yung wardrobe ko para alisin yung mga hindi ko na kailangan at pinapamigay ko naman. Pati security guard ng building namin nakikinabang. So mga friends, wait lang kayo. Before end of this month, end of the year na rin, I'll do another inventory to clear my stocks, LOl, para mas clear ang pagpasok ng 2009. Ako pala ang mamimigay ng Christmas bonus.

Anyway, this for me is really a great bonus. The ability to live on a minimum. The fact that I can fit things in my luggage and still live comfortably for a period of time. It made my life lighter, "less material" and less expensive too. In other words "HAPPY".

0 comments:

Post a Comment