Life in a Suitcase

Some things you might be interested to know....

Sunday, December 21, 2008

WORKING WEEKEND...again!!!

Losing my weekend again as I have to fly this afternoon (Friday) to Dammam. I can’t remember when was the last time I had a proper weekend (Friday/Saturday in the UAE). The thing is, tomorrow, Saturday, is the start of working day in Saudi Arabia so I have to start working too. The morning of Friday is spent preparing the things I need for this trip.

Actually, I had a choice to fly tomorrow instead so I at least have the whole Friday to rest but I can’t find a flight, every airline going to Dammam is full. I wonder why. Even today, I can’t get a flight with my favorite airlines, I mean the airlines where I can accumulate miles with. My travel agent found me a flight via Air Arabia, a budget airline that flies from Sharjah. This is the first time I am taking a return flight from this airline and I realized how much savings I made for my company for this choice. Emirates Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines charges AED2,500 (USD676) for the same flight while Air Arabia is only AED830 (USD224). Super savings!!!

At the moment they already have flights to middle east, India and Pakistan, and more. I just hope they start a flight to Manila soon para naman matulungan ang mga kababayan natin na umuuwi sa Pinas or nagbabakasyon na hindi sinasagot ng mga employers nila ang ticket, or yung mga binibigyan ng cash value of the ticket at bahala ka na kung sa’ng airline ka lilipad. Malaking tulong ‘yun para sa mga pinoys dito sa UAE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment